SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161293 - 10/17/07 09:36 AM "I love playing with these guys!!"
Chattanooga Offline

As an infrequent contributor, yet in spurts a frequent reader of threads, I remember some years ago when UD having just purchased his pa 80 said ......"I love playing with these guys". While having received my pa800 this Monday, a replacement for my Tyros 1 (which was itself a replacement for a stolen pa80), I feel like I'm in my basement playing again with company. The styles on the pa800 give you so much more to "play up against".
I also enjoy the onboard harmonizer that works, and not having to look at the rack mount Digitech velcroed to the end of the Tyros. I have a learning curve, but so far it is a bunch of fun. Perhaps I will get out more now. Trying to minimize the number of trips up and down the steps, as the onboard speaker will help.......and the soon to arrive Traynor K-4 means only one trip instead of the 4 trips it takes to schlep the L1 to the car!! I enjoy all of what I learn from this forum even though I dont post much.

#161294 - 10/17/07 03:04 PM Re: "I love playing with these guys!!"
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
Congrats on enjoying the live sounds of the Korg keyboard. A lot of folks are touting the styles and sounds.

Are you saying that your L1 (Bose, right?) is not portable? I thought it was supposed to be a back saver?

I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance.

R/I

#161295 - 10/17/07 06:14 PM Re: "I love playing with these guys!!"
Chattanooga Offline

Are you really.......Rejected that is??
The Bose just takes a few trips to the car and some meager set up time. I am a hobbiest that at the least gets asked to play background for some silent auctions....at the most I do pseudo music therapy in my work. I wanted something with as little set up time as possible. I dont have much use for a PA except liking how it sounds.....I'll keep the Bose for prosperity. Generally it is convenient and has a good yet mixed rep as you likely have read. SRI (senior rejected idol)

#161296 - 10/17/07 06:24 PM Re: "I love playing with these guys!!"
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
SRI - thanks for the input! Actually, I may indeed be senior to you. However, my "name" was picked to create the allure of mystery and fame. HA HA.

I have not stood in front of Simon, Paula, and Randy. I have, however, stood or sat and performed in front of thousands of many other, less famous "psuedo-Simons" and have enjoyed the experiences along the way, and (more importantly) I have lived to tell about it.

Sincerely,

R/I

#161297 - 10/21/07 08:54 PM Re: "I love playing with these guys!!"
Dnj Offline

Chattanooga.......
you made a wise choice on thePA800 & the K4.....reading your korg toughts I know just what you mean

good luck!

#161298 - 10/21/07 10:48 PM Re: "I love playing with these guys!!"
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Chattanooga.......
you made a wise choice on thePA800 & the K4.....reading your korg toughts I know just what you mean
good luck!

What were your reasons for not getting the K4, Donny?

Ian the Curious

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online